Hydrex Surgical Scrub
Hydrex Surgical Scrub contains the active ingredient chlorhexidine gluconate, providing a persistent and cumulative effective barrier for at least 6 hours1. This ensures Hydrex Surgical Scrub keeps killing bacteria long after application for added reassurance.
BROAD SPECTRUM EFFICACY
The active chlorhexidine gluconate, a broad spectrum antiseptic, is effective against a wide range of both Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, yeast, fungi and viruses2.
With added emollients that keep the skin moist and protected, Hydrex Surgical Scrub can be used with confidence, ensuring healthcare professionals can fully comply with recommended scrub practices, as recommended in the AfPP Surgical Hand Antisepsis Guidelines 20143.
MEDICINAL PRODUCT LICENSED BY MHRA
Hydrex Surgical Scrub has been granted a marketing authorisation by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), providing assurance of the product's safety and efficacy.
WHOLE BODY WASHING
Hydrex Surgical Scrub contains 4% CHG and is the ideal and recommended choice by Healthcare Professionals prior to surgery4. With the benefits of persistent antimicrobial efficacy and added emollients, this is a cost effective and safe solution to help reduce the risk of infection.
- Larson E ( 1995 ) APIC Guidelines.
- Denton, GW; "Chlorhexidine." Chapter 15 in Disinfection, Sterilization and Preservation. Ed. Block SS. Fifth Ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2001.
- Association for Perioperative Practice (AfPP) A Guide to Surgical Hand Antisepsis October 2014.
- Coia JE, Duckworth GJ, Edwards DI, Farrington M et al. Joint Working Party of British Society for Antimicrobial Themotherapy, Hospital Infection Society and Infection Control Nurses Association Guidelines for the control and prevention of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in healthcare facilities. Journal of Hospital Infection 2006, 63S:S1–S44. Available at www.his.org.uk/_db/_documents/MRSA _Guidelines_PDF.pdf (accessed 28 March 2007).
For use as an antiseptic hand wash, a pre-operative hand scrub and a pre-operative skin preparation to surgery.
Posology and method of administration
Antiseptic Hand Wash - wet the hands and forearms, apply 5 ml of skin cleanser and wash for one minute. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Pre-operative Surgical Scrub - wet hands and forearms, apply 5 ml of skin cleanser and wash for one minute, cleaning the finger nails with a brush. Rinse and repeat the procedure using a further 5 ml of skin cleanser and wash for 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Pre-operative Skin Preparation - the patient should wash their whole body with 25 ml of the cleanser on at least two occasions, usually the day before and on the day of the operation.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% w/v
- Ponceau 4R
- Dialkylamine Oxide
- Industrial Methylated Spirit
- Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
- Purified Water
- 3 years
- Store below 25°C