Ecolab helps elevate JW Marriott Singapore’s Food and Beverage Operations
Scoring green in Singapore
JW Marriott Singapore South Beach is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio. Established in December 2016, the property is known for its artful balance between historic heritage and contemporary style that positions itself as an iconic lifestyle destination. Its state-of-the-art environment features, which seamlessly integrates innovation with environmentally conscious design and green technologies, have won itself two Green Mark Platinum Awards.
The Spirit of Innovation
The hotel has a total of nine Food and Beverage outlets, including four for Singapore’s iconic NCO Club that has made its comeback with the launch of the hotel in 2016.
“Ecolab’s SMARTPOWER™ program really helps us to achieve all of this. This new system is, for us, a perfect association. It contributes to taking care of our employees and taking care of our guests.”
Ecolab’s SMARTPOWER™ program combines three elements to bring JW Marriott’s Food and Beverage operations to a new level of food safety, simplicity, and sustainability. These elements are:
- Innovative Chemistry that includes highly effective formulas designed to eliminate the toughest food soils
- Actionable Insights that provide full visibility and control to improve processes, rewashes, and labor costs
- Personalized Service that delivers top-notch hands-on service to ensure operational success
Since implementing SMARTPOWER™ in January 2017, Ecolab’s three-pronged approach has enabled JW Marriott Singapore to achieve key operational and sustainability improvements:
- Greater visibility and control of chemical usage and sanitizing temperatures
- Enhanced workplace performance and efficiency by having a more intuitive system that alerts employees to a variety of issues such as the need for a wash tank change and the need to adjust temperature settings
- Improved workplace safety by having fewer chemical spills that resulted in less hours dedicated to cleaning
- Achieved greater sustainability standards through SMARTPOWER’s sustainable packaging that reduces 96% of plastic compared to typical cartons of detergent. This accounts for an annual reduction of 800kg worth of plastic.
The collaborative partnership between JW Marriott Singapore South Beach and Ecolab seamlessly integrates innovation into the property’s Food and Beverage operations, which aligns with the property’s vision to transform the hotel industry for sustainable growth.
Visitors who viewed this story also viewed
This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots.