Helping Hilton minimize its environmental footprint
With more than 5,700 properties in
113 countries, Hilton is a global leader in
hospitality and sustainability. In 2018, Hilton
launched its new Travel with Purpose 2030
targets aimed at driving positive social and
environmental change on a global scale.
The program seeks to advance sustainable travel globally, and contribute in a meaningful way to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. By 2030, Hilton plans to cut its environmental footprint in half by:
- Reducing water use intensity by 50 percent
- Reducing waste by 50 percent
- Reducing carbon emissions by 61 percent
Ecolab has collaborated with Hilton
properties around the world in
many different capacities to jointly
drive sustainable savings while
improving performance and
ensuring guest satisfaction.
Hilton also has realized significant sustainability savings through global deployment of Ecolab technologies, including:
- SMARTPOWER™, a warewashing program that combines innovative chemistry with actionable insights and personalized service to deliver clean wares while reducing water, energy and costs
- Aquanomic™ Low-Temp Laundry Program, which delivers premium results at a lower wash temperature, leaving textiles white and bright while extending linen life and saving water and energy.
These programs, combined with other solutions, help Hilton drive progress toward achieving its ambitious Travel with Purpose 2030 sustainability goals.