Highly effective 0.2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash, ideal for immunocompromised patients.
- Formulation of choice for dentists and doctors
- Two pleasant tasting flavours - Original and Peppermint
- Licensed by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) in Ireland, providing assurance of safety and efficacy
- Broad spectrum efficacy via Chlorhexidine Gluconate - effective against a wide range of both Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, yeast, fungi and viruses.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Antiseptic Mouthwash is an antimicrobial solution which inhibits the formation of dental plaque. It is indicated as an aid to the treatment and prevention of gingivitis and in the maintenance of oral hygiene, particularly in situations where toothbrushing cannot be adequately employed (eg following oral surgery or in physically handicapped patients). It is used to promote gingival healing following periodontal surgery or to manage recurrent oral ulceration. Additionally it is useful in the treatment of denture stomatitis and thrush.
Posology and method of administration
Children, adults and the elderly.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Antiseptic Mouthwash should be used as required up to twice daily.
Rinse the mouth thoroughly for about 1 minute with 10 ml. Prior to dental surgery, the patient should be instructed to rinse the mouth with 10 ml for 1 minute. In the treatment of gingivitis a course of about one month is recommended (ie two bottles). For denture stomatitis cleanse and soak the denture in solution for 15 minutes twice daily. In the case of aphthous ulceration and oral candidal infections, treatment should be continued for 48 hours after clinical resolution.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2% w/v
- Macrogol glycerol hydroxystearate
- Original Flavour: E2309 10 N1
- Peppermint Flavour: E1640 1 N1
- Ponceau 4R
- Purified Water
- Two years.
- Do not store above 25°C. Store in the original container in order to protect from light